Quantcast

Moreton Angling Ccentre

gazza
Moreton Angling Centre has now closed for business and the new owner has spent the last 8 weeks carrying out a complete refit, the new name for the shop is AK Angling Centre, contact number remains the same 0151 677 8092, the shop will be stocking all the main brands you would expect as well as more brands for the carp and cat angler.

Grand opening weekend will take place on Saturday 4th December & Sunday 5th December

(Anyone with Moreton Angling Gift Vouchers can still use them in AK Angling)

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

Steve1
Administrator
Hi gazza and welcome
Thanks that great info, have added to the piece on the home page
 Steve1
wirralfisheries@virginmedia.com

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

NeilQ
Drove past it the other day. Looks very well stocked.

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

anthonycomer
The staff have not changed, very unhelpful and basicly looked right through me when i was waiting to me served. I am going to avoid that place from now on...

Anthony

Re: Moreton Angling Ccentre

DaveE
Administrator
Yesterday I needed a pint of red maggots.
The nearest tackle shop to me is Wirral Angling Centre but as it was late afternoon and Tranmere were at home I had no desire to get caught up in the match traffic so instead I went to AK Angling at Moreton.
As I approached the door I saw a fair number of people in the shop. Once inside a bloke wearing shorts and a T shirt asked me what I needed. When I replied 'a pint of reds' he said that he only had mixed maggots and they were all over there - pointing to a full size bath!
It contained several gallons of maggots and pinkies of every colour. He explained that he had spent most of Friday and Saturday sat in the bath of maggots in order to raise money for Comic Relief.
He filled my 2.2 pint container and charged me just £2:50. I thanked him and left.
Afterwards I felt rather guilty that I hadn't offered a donation.
Anyway, whoever you are - thanks very much. I hope you raised lots of money and I'll see you again soon.

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

AK ANGLING
Hiya guys thanks for the positive feedback. I am one of the managers at AK Angling Centre, formerly Moreton Angling Centre. We took over in September last year and have totally refitted the shop and would like to thank every one for their support since our opening in December. We are trying to create a fishing tackle shop for the fishing community that offers help and advice and are always continually maintaining our high stock levels. A message for Anthony Comer - we apologise if you got the wrong impression of the shop but we are trying to achieve a high standard of customer relations and would hope that your first experience will not be your lasting impression of what we are striving to achieve.
AK Angling Centre Ltd
87 Hoylake Road
Moreton
Wirral
CH46 9PY
01516778092
akanglingcentre@live.com

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

baldie
Administrator
Hi,

Fair do's AK angling have replied, please don't judge them on one experience, I will call in shortly to see what they have and make my own mind up.

If they do good deals they will certainly get plenty  of dosh out of  this tackle tart, but they will have to be competitive!!

Latest buys ;

2 Shimano Stradics, Leigh Angling, £80 each latest models (3000s and 2500sRCs)

Just to let you know what your up against

Regards

Dave

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

Steve1
Administrator
Hi AK Angling and welcome
Any chance of throwing some light on your other venture father up the road
A lot of people on the forum would be most interested in a new fishery.
 Steve1
wirralfisheries@virginmedia.com

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

DaveE
Administrator
Is this the fishery at Carr Lane brickworks that has been rumoured for the last couple of years?

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

Steve1
Administrator
That`s the one Dave
 Steve1
wirralfisheries@virginmedia.com

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

DaveE
Administrator
I remember cycling to Carr Lane brickworks when I was a small boy.
The memory will stay with me for ever. I looked over the edge into the pit and was amazed. It was the biggest thing I'd ever seen! It seemed immense. It was perhaps 100ft deep and several hundred yards across. A massive machine sliced clay from the far wall of the pit.  A small railway ran down a steep incline into the pit and wagons brought clay back up to the brickworks which had a tall chimney.

That pit was filled in over the last 20 or 30 years.
I assume the fishery must be on top of the filled ground where the pit used to be.

There was a similar brick pit at Moreton which flooded after the works was abandoned. It was a trout fishery for a while. Later I fished it and caught good perch in the crystal clear water. It was filled in and the only bit of it that remains is the 3 or 4 acres which is run as a fishery today.

I remember my grandad telling me that there was another brick pit halfway along Leasowe Road when he was young.

Those Barker & Briscoe bricks must have been used to build many Wirral houses during the 1950's 60's and 70's.

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

AK ANGLING
Thanks for the interest guys. We do have a fishery on that site that is currently in development. It is very well stocked with a wide variety of carp and cats, some big some small and we are hopeful of being opened this summer. It will be opening up as a day ticket water with a tackle shop on site plus toilet, shower and cafe facilities. Please keep in touch with us for official opening dates and look out for our large advertising campaign which will give you more information. Cheers.
AK Angling Centre Ltd
87 Hoylake Road
Moreton
Wirral
CH46 9PY
01516778092
akanglingcentre@live.com

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

Boothy1657
Been in there the last two days for about an hour having a chat and gettin a few bits. One thing i can say is i wont be going anywhere else from now on. Spot on is an understatment the shop and the fellas in there are ace.
Using the fish tank to test rigs was wrong well so she says!!!

Re: Moreton Angling Centre

kevie
hi
anymore info regarding the fishery that ur opening up please, along the meols stretch.