Quantcast

Float Ledgering

Steve1
Administrator
Float ledgering is something I have been doing for a long time and find it very effective.
For those who are not familiar with it I will explain how it works

Set up
On your reel line first slide on a float rubber and float then slide on a small bomb or drilled bullet
next slide on a ledger stop then add your hook length
cast out making sure your float is over depth (it does not matter if your float is laying flat on the surface)
with your rod on the rests slowly reel in till your float stands up-right then with your hand on your rod use your first or index finger to turn the bale arm assembly very slowly and this will
pull your float down in the water.
Try to bring it down as low as possible.
On a calm day you can bring the tip down to the surface film
the smallest bite and your float will go under.
You can adjust the hight of your float by very slowly moving your rod
for-wards or back-wards on your rod rests.
Another advantage is that you can fish in different areas knowing that if you can see your float your bait is on the bottom.
 Steve1
wirralfisheries@virginmedia.com

Re: Float Ledgering

Wend1
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Float Ledgering

dan the man
good easy method that ,steve and wend ,havent float legered for yrs so thanks for the tips ,tight lines